Add another date night spot to the list. Rooftop Film Club has it all. Stunning views. Complimentary blankets and cookie butter ice cream, made on site with nitro. Nuff said.
With luxe movie going experiences popping up all over the place, it was time to upgrade outdoor movie-going. Forget about toting blankets and sitting on the ground in cemeteries, this rooftop venue is pulling all the stops and taking you with them. Striped beach chairs imported from the UK, where this film club began, are reclined just so, which means there’s not a bad seat in the house. Wireless earphones ensure the dialogue is crisp without interference from the city’s soundtrack. Top it off with craft beer, select wines, and made to order burgers from Hache LA. (and of course popcorn and candy, we’re not savages)
Be sure to check out October’s schedule which plans to be SPOOK-TACULAR. Halloween Week scares include Psycho, The Thing, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th AND Beetlejuice! There will be a “smoky” dry ice flowing Blood Red Sangria topped with fresh fruit and served over ice, along with some specialty Halloween cocktails to mark the occasion from barman Brady Weise (Der Rathskeller, 1886 Bar). And for the ultra-chic, order a bottle of bubbly to keep you company.
List of Rooftop Film Club Extended Scheduled Films
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015: Guardians of the Galaxy
- Thursday, October 15, 2015: Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Friday, October 16, 2015: Blade Runner
- Sunday, October 18, 2015: When Harry Met Sally
- Tuesday, October 20, 2015: Dirty Dancing
- Wednesday, October 21, 2015: Amy
- Thursday, October 22, 2015: The Goonies
- Friday, October 23, 2015: Dazed and Confused
- Saturday, October 24, 2015: Top Gun
- Sunday, October 25, 2015: Chinatown
- Tuesday, October 27, 2015: The Thing
- Wednesday, October 28, 2015: ANightmare on Elm Street
- Thursday, October 29, 2015: Psycho
- Friday, October 30, 2015: Friday The 13th
- Saturday, October 31, 2015: Beetlejuice
Transportation and Parking: Public Parking is available at 1627 Vine Street, in a parking lot adjacent to The Montalbãn. The nearest Subway Station is the Hollywood / Vine Station.
No tags for this post.