Looking for that perfect gift for your person of interest who has friggin’ everything? Well, lucky for you, my favorite circus of local hipster-handmades is coming to town! Unique LA is now a huge deal and has morphed into the STATE OF UNIQUE which produces shows in NYC and SF as well as our fine City of Angels. You can read more about the show in my previous post for Unique LA’s Summer Show or you can watch this little video that I put together for you.
My video is from their first ever Summer show which was held in Santa Monica. The Holiday Show is a little different, in that it is Downtown at the gorgeous Penthouse at the California Market Center and that the vendors will have perfect holiday gifts for your bestie, your Facebook stalker, or your barista secret crush.
The California Market Center (CMC) is where Unique LA calls home for their Spring and Holiday Shows.
Here are all the big details you need to KNOW…
- An exclusive, collectible cotton tote bag (each show features a tote designed by a guest artist)
- Unlimited re-entry for both days + our printed Vendor Directory & Mini Magazine
- Free drinks! (Holiday Punch featuring Sailor Jerry Rum, Blackstar Beer, The Naked Grape wine, IZZE, Honest Tea, GT’s Kombucha)
- Free DIY workshops + crafts by The Urban Craft Center, L.A. Zine Fest and the Craft and Folk Art Museum
- Free portraits and a print at the Oh Snap Photo Booth
- Access to Amoeba’s rockin’ downtown Pop-Up Shop – exclusive just for us!
- Two different cafe areas so you can grab a coffee or enjoy lunch, snacks or a treat
- Try to carpool. It’s downtown so unless you took the metro, you’ll probably have to pay to park.
They have a set rate of $6 at the CMC or sometimes the surrounding lots have rates at $3-$5 (however check the signs, as sometimes those are $5 for 15 mins with a max of $10)
- Try to buy your tickets online before you go. It usually saves you time at the entrance as the “pay there” line is usually longer.
- Bring a friend and a re-usable bag. Your friend can stand in the beer line for you or help you decide which hat looks better on you. The re-usable bag, well you know, is for all your loot.
- Here are some of my favorites: Fomato read my post about Fomato here, Color Blind Cloth, Magic Industrie, P.O.P Candy, Truffle Salt from Hepp’s Salt Barrel, the ahhhmazing hats by Bijou Van Ness